Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 1.751 mal aufgerufen
 Einsatzfahrzeuge
Rc-ett87-swe Offline

26.02.2013 06:28
How to make a Rosenbauer FLF Panther 6 x 6 on rails. Help needed Zitat · Antworten

Hello,

I´m want to build a track going truck where I can put down wheels so it can run on rails. For that function I have some ideas. The inspiration comes from this unimog in this youtube video, but I will use another type of vehicle where there is more space. In this truck I want to have 6 x 6 drive or at least drive on both rear wheels and I don´t know how to do it. My dream would be 6 x 6 and soft tires so I have a terrain truck as well. The vehicle I want to use is a FLF Panther the one that Wiking have in control87 but I chose to buy the static model and do it functional. After some search on the sites I know of I found "mzr" has a 4 x 4 chassi and MikroModellBau.de has a complete 4 x 4 rear pendelaxel kit. How would I do it in an easy way on a 6 x 6 chassi with pendleaxels for this FLF Panther. Can it be explained easy on how to do it. And tips on where I can find parts to build one.

Unimog on rails

Mikromodellbuer from Sweden.

Lenni Offline

26.02.2013 19:14
#2 RE: How to make a Rosenbauer FLF Panther 6 x 6 on rails. Help needed Zitat · Antworten

Sounds like a nice project.
Some more details about the Unimog are here:
Unimog

A Panther should certainly have enough space to fit the parts.
You need a lot of weight to get good traction on the rails.
If you want 6x6 I recommend using the MZR axles,
you can extend the chassis by cutting a piece of another one and adding it.

I think it might be a problem that the panther is very wide, so the wheels don't touch the rail,
maybe you could use motors that drive the train wheels instead of using the road wheels to drive on the rail.
It is also quite hard to get the right pressure on the train wheels so they safely guide the truck but still
leave enough weight on the road wheels to move it.

I think it isn't the best idea to go offroad with a rail vehicle, you should try to get the train wheels up very high
or completely out of the truck if you want to have fun offroad, with the Unimog I can nicely drive on roads,
but it doesn't get far off the road without getting stuck because it's not 4x4 and it has almost no ground clearance.

Good luck with your project

Rc-ett87-swe Offline

26.02.2013 21:09
#3 RE: How to make a Rosenbauer FLF Panther 6 x 6 on rails. Help needed Zitat · Antworten

Hello Lenni,

Thanks for the info and the pictures. I will read that thread on Google translate to understand more. And I think like you that the Panther is to wide to ride on the rails. I will see how it is when I get it. The Panther in it self has allot of space so I can put in allot of weight so it gets heavy on the other hand. And space for electrics and mechanics for train wheels if I´m building it that way. And regarding about off road is it not so good for that like you say if the train wheels on it can´t raise enough. But it´s an idea. Ever sins I first saw that Unimog I wanted a rail going truck.

The MZR etch angetriebene Lenkachse, angetriebene Starrachse, Vorgelegegetriebe / Chassis is the ones you mean? With one each of these three I can get the drive train what I understand of reading about them in translate.

Mikromodellbuer from Sweden.

Lenni Offline

27.02.2013 00:49
#4 RE: How to make a Rosenbauer FLF Panther 6 x 6 on rails. Help needed Zitat · Antworten

If you need some more inspiration about such vehicles:
Bubeforum
LKW-Stefan

There are not only Unimogs but also a lot of other trucks with a lot of space inside.

You're right about the MZR parts, you only need two "Starrachse" for a 6x6,
be sure to download and read the assembly instructions, there is a lot of fine soldering needed,
not everyone can do that.

If you have any questions you can ask me in english if the google translation of the german thread is not good.

«« MB 507 Sani
THW GKW II »»
 Sprung  

disconnected Mikromodell-Chat Mitglieder Online 4
Xobor Xobor Community Software
Datenschutz